Luv-A-Chin Rescue

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hurdles


Day 4 with Eva, who is an absolute delight. One of the hurdles: fear of going into the fenced yard without me. She is pretty attached to one of my other Chin who always goes with her, but even so, she doesn't want to go outside to potty without me. One problem is having to go down 5 stairs. Even though she can climb up them, she still can't go down. Another problem is she hates to be picked up - her body stiffens, she arches her back and thrashes a bit. Once we get out the door, down the steps and into the yard, she is fine. She goes potty and wags her tail. She is always happiest when we all come back inside.
I look forward to the day when she can go outside to do her business with the other dogs, while I watch from inside, where it's warm!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home