Luv-A-Chin Rescue

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My new foster

Today I got a new foster dog. Her name currently is "Be Mine" but we are going to change it. We just haven't picked out a new name yet.

This is the 3rd dog I've fostered for Luvachin Rescue. My previous foster dogs were adopted by wonderful, loving families. It was a very rewarding feeling. I have the same hopes for this one.

Every foster is different. My first foster was young, confident and inquisitive. Since she had been in the commercial breeding world for 2 or so years, she wasn't as damaged as some. My 2nd foster was much more shy and tentative about the world; she was 5 and had been in a commercial breeding facility for a longer period of time.

This foster girl is even more shy than my previous pup. She wags her tail and wants to be loved, but she shakes like a leaf when she is pet. Holding her isn't even an option at this point - she is too afraid. We have spent the day together in the kitchen, with my other 2 Chin, 2 or 3 cats and 2 labs. She does great with the dogs and cats; it's people of whom she is most afraid. I look forward to helping her develop into a secure, happy dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home